At the start of any new level of a course, establishing a good classroom atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable is important from the very beginning. It is also important to gauge students’ ability to use the main tenses in English. At Upper-Intermediate level, students need to be able to express themselves in a more natural way, using a wider range of adverbs and adverbial phrases. This Test your grammar covers the main tenses students will be familiar with, but also gives students the opportunity to get talking and find out about each other. This initial stage and the rest of the unit will also allow you to assess the students’ strengths and weaknesses, and their overall levels of fluency.
What do you think?
The What do you think? sections give students the opportunity to talk about personal experiences and express opinions about the topic of the lesson. Unless you have a very small class, these are best done in groups of three to six. It can be helpful to nominate one student in each group to be the discussion leader. It is their job to ask the questions, make sure everybody gets a chance to speak, and to decide when to move on from one question to the next. Make sure a different student is chosen each time students do a discussion task.
Monitor the groups equally, helping as necessary. If you are monitoring for accuracy, note any important errors and write them anonymously on the board for class correction.
Read the questions on SB p9 as a class and deal with any vocabulary queries. With weaker students, you could brainstorm the disadvantages of moving abroad and the parallel advantages as a class, and collate the ideas on the board.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу New Headway, Upper-Intermediate, Teacher s book, Soars L., Soars J., Maris A., 2014 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Soars :: Maris
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Grammar and Vocabulary for First and First for Schools, With answers, Thomas B., Hashemi L., Matthews L., 2015 — This book is for students who want to study and practise English grammar and vocabulary, especially if they are preparing … Книги по английскому языку
- Objective Proficiency, Teacher s Book, Capel A., Sharp W., 2013 — Cambridge English: Profi ciency, also known as Certifi cate of Profi ciency in English (CPE) consists of four papers, each … Книги по английскому языку
- Objective Proficiency, Workbook with Key, Sunderland P., Whettem E., 2013 — Objective Proficiency Second Edition is official preparation for the revised Cambridge English: Proficiency exam, also known as Certificate of Proficiency … Книги по английскому языку
- Objective Proficiency, Student s Book, Capel A., Sharp W., 2013 — Cambridge English: Proficiency, also known as Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) consists of four papers. The Reading and Use … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Upper-Intermediate, Workbook with Key, Soars L., Soars J., McCaul J., 2014 — Фрагмент из книги: Hello, Noah. It is good of you to be interviewed today, as I know you have a … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Upper-Intermediate, Student s Book, Soars L., Soars J., 2014 — The Vikings reigned supreme in Europe for over 300 years. Indeed, fear of the Vikings played a pivotal role in … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway Advanced, Teacher s Resource Book, Soars L., Soars J., Wildman J., 2004 — This Teacher’s Resource Book contains thirty-seven photocopiable activities and further ideas for you to use with New Headway Advanced. It … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway Advanced, Teacher s Book, Soars L., Soars J., Hancock P., Storton R., 2015 — The world’s most trusted English course A perfectly-balanced syllabus with extensive resources at all levels for students and teachers • … Книги по английскому языку