Фрагмент из книги:
Ten days ago businessman, Andrew Cheatle, was walking on the beach near his home in Worthing, Sussex, when he lost his mobile phone. It fell into the water and unfortunately a wave took it out to sea. One week later fisherman, Glen Kerley, was on his boat catching fish to sell in the market. The same day, back on land, he was preparing the fish for sale when he noticed something metal inside a cod fish. It was a mobile phone. Glen couldn’t believe it. The phone was smelly and dirty, but amazingly it still worked so Glen called some of the contact numbers. Soon he had a reply.
The story of Frankenstein is famous all over the world. Written in 1818 by Mary Shelley, the wife of the English poet P В Shelley, it was immediately very popular. Its a horror story, and many people say it is the original science-fiction novel. However, they often think that Frankenstein is the name of the monster in the story, but in fact it is the name of the scientist who created ft.
From the letters of an English explorer, Captain Robert Walton, we learn about Victor Frankenstein, a scientist, from Geneva who has discovered the secret of life and decided to make a human being. So, at night he visits graveyards and collects bones and bodies, With these he creates a person who is more monster than man.
The monster is huge and ugly, but also intelligent. Of course when people see it they arc terrified and as a result the poor monster has no friends and feels lonely and depressed. Finally, it asks Frankenstein to make it a wife. This he refuses to do. So the monster attacks and kills not only Frankenstein’s bride, Elizabeth, bill also his brother, and a friend. The scientist is heartbroken and now wants to kill the monster. He chases it across the world. However, lie dies when they meet in the Arctic and the monster then kills itself.
1 Getting to know you.
2 Whatever makes you happy.
3 What's in the news?
4 Eat, drink, and be merry!
5 Looking forward.
6 The way I see it.
7 Living history.
8 Girls and boys.
9 Time for a story.
10 Our interactive world.
11 Life's what you make it!
12 Just wondering...
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу New Headway, Pre-Intermediate, Student s Book, Fourth edition, Soars J., Soars L., 2014 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Soars
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- New Headway, Pre-Intermediate, Student s Book, Third edition, Soars J., Soars L., Wheeldon S., 2006 — Фрагмент из книги: Alicia Hempleman-Adams said,‘We were walking up waterfalls and mountains, and across frozen lakes. It was amazing.’ Alicia … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Pre-Intermediate, Vocabulary Quizzes, Fourth edition, 2014 — Фрагмент из книги: 1. aboriginal adj a. extremely surprising 2. accident n b. a group of young people who spend … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Pre-Intermediate, Teacher s Resource Book, Third edition, Soars J., Soars L., Krantz C., Castle M., 2006 — This Teacher’s Resource Book contains thirty-five photocopiable activities and further ideas for you to use with New Headway Pre-Intermediate, third … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Pre-Intermediate, Teacher s Book, Third edition, Soars J., Soars L., Sayer M., 2007 — You are probably beginning a new class with a group of students you don t know. Students might know each … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Elementary, Student s book, Fourth edition, Soars J., Soars L., 2011 — Фрагмент из книги: I m 19 years old, and I m a student. I go to Kingston University. I have … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Elementary, Student s book, Third edition, Soars J., Soars L., 2010 — The world s most trusted English course. New Headway is the course teachers and learners can rely on. Why? An … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Beginner, Student s book, Third edition, Soars J., Soars L., 2010 — Фрагмент из книги: ‘We re from Ireland. I have a small hotel in the city of Galway. My wife s … Книги по английскому языку
- New Headway, Beginner, Student s book, Fourth edition, Soars J., Soars L., 2013 — Фрагмент из книги: This is a photograph of Claude and Holly Duval from Montreal in Canada. They are on holiday … Книги по английскому языку